MAKE A STATEMENT
Start out your new life together as a couple, healthier, and a leave your impact on the world that you would like to raise your children in by creating an ecologically sound green wedding, while acting responsible for the future!
- ask your baker to substitute organic ingredients like sugar, flour, butter, eggs, and to use locally grown organic berries
- use herbs or seeds to give to guests to replant the earth
- ask your florist to use local and seasonal flowers, berries and fruits (more availability means better pricing, plus buying local saves on fuel emissions)
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- ask your caterer to use local and seasonal fruits and vegetables (more availability means better pricing, plus saves on fuel emissions)
- pass your gown down to your children as an heirloom, priceless!
- buy an organic silk gown
- ammonia-free and herbal based hair color
- print your invitations, programs, etc., on recycled paper
- use soy ink (a greener choice made from renewable soy beans)
- have a web site setup to save on printing, and make copies of this for guests which choose to not have web site access
- hang solar lanterns (available at hardware stores) -- these charge in the sun all day, and cast a soft glow at night. You don't need an electric outlet, and save on energy!
- light soy candles
- use mineral makeup lines like Jane Iredale and Dr. Hauschka
- ask caterers to recycle cans, bottles, and aluminum foil
- insist on a no-Styrofoam policy